The eligibility criteria for applicants are as follows:
- Companies with monthly water consumption - Potable Water (PW) / NEWater (NW) / Industrial Water (IW) of more than 1,000m3. Individual companies with monthly consumption each of less than 1,000m3 can choose to apply for this fund collectively e.g. associations and groups of commercial enterprises. Project should yield at least 10% reduction of water consumption (PW, NW and/or IW).
- In addition to criteria 1, for industries in which recycling is already a norm e.g. wafer fabs, WEF will only be given to the company if it puts in place a system that conserves water at a rate at least 10% higher than the norm in its industry.
- Organisations which intend to organise community-wide campaigns to promote water conservation can also apply for WEF.
Note: Criteria 1 does not apply to water audit projects.
Projects Eligible for Funding and Funding Framework
PUB will fund the following types of water efficiency projects:
- PUB will co-fund 50% of the feasibility study cost, subject to a cap of $50,000.
- In the event that the feasibility study shows that it is not feasible to implement the water conservation initiatives, PUB will co-fund 10% of the feasibility study cost, subject to a cap of $10,000.
- PUB will co-fund 90% of the water audit cost, subject to a cap of $15,000*. This water audit cost can include the cost of procuring and/or installation of water meters. The meters shall be procured from PUB subject to availability.
- PUB will co-fund an additional 90% of the upgrading /installation cost for remote metering, if any, subject to an additional cap of $15,000*.
*For companies with monthly water consumption ≤ 3,000 cu m/mth, the cap is $10,000.
Recycling Efforts / Use of Alternative Source of Water
- PUB will support the company at $0.40 for every m3 of PW / $0.10 for every m3 of NW/IW saved over the economic life of the facilities or 7 years (whichever is earlier), or
- up to 50% of the capital cost of the facilities.
whichever is lower and subject to a cap of $1 million per project.
Community-wide Water Conservation Campaigns and Programmes
- PUB will co-fund 50% of cost of organising the programme, subject to a cap of $200 - $5,000 (depending on type of programme).
- Items considered for funding include educational materials such as posters, pamphlets, rental of venue, etc.
Projects Not Eligible for Funding
The following are not eligible for funding :
- Rainwater harvesting projects.
- Initiatives that are put in place to comply with regulatory requirements, e.g. water-saving devices such as water efficient taps and flushing cisterns, trade effluent discharge limits or earth control requirements.
- Premises that purchase water efficient fittings like taps, showerheads, flushing cisterns, urinals etc.
- Use of NW/IW to replace potable water.
- New developments and premises undergoing redevelopment with building plan submission from 1 April 2013 are not eligible for funding of procurement and /or installation of private water meters and remote metering under Water Audit Projects