Simplified Submissions allow for reduced processing time for simple projects. The QP may lodge the SS and receive a system generated acknowledgement within a day.
Simplified Submission (SS) is a lodgement based on the QP's declaration. QP is reminded to check thoroughly before making submission for the project. Upon request by PUB, the QP may be required to provide his plans for audit. For proposal that does not meet any of the SS criteria, Development Control submission shall be made.
Upon completion of work, QP is required to make a submission for PUB TOP/CSC clearance.
Sewerage and Sanitary
A Simplified Submission may be submitted for Sanitary, Sewerage matters for the following types of projects:
A/A works to be single landed residential house, factory (excluding workers' dormitory)
or shops (excluding food shops or food establishments) that
involves only construction works/activities within the existing building meeting the following criteria
- The new or alteration to the sanitary facilities and sanitary pipes fully comply with the Code of Practice on Sewerage and Sanitary
- There are no buildings/structures/piling works outside the existing buildings that affect the public sewer/combined sanitary drainline.
- There is no change to drainline connection to public sewer
- There is no proposal of on-site facilities such as retention tank, holding tank and sewerage treatment plant (STP).
- The total discharge of used water will not exceed 2 litres/second (including ejector system)
B) New erection or reconstruction of single-landed residential house, such as single unit of terrace house, semi-detached house, bungalow that meets the following conditions.
- There is no public sewer or combined sanitary drainline within the lot
- Reuse existing drainline connection which is connected to the public sewer located at public area. However, if the existing drainline connection is to the neighbour's inspection chamber, the QP is to pre-consult with PUB and obtain a written advice before SS is made. The written advice is to be included together with the SS.
- There is no new sewer proposed.
- There is no proposal for on-site facilities such as retention tank, holding tank and sewerage treatment plant (STP).
- Total discharge of used water will not exceed 2 litres/second (including ejector system)
C) Erection of external structures such as covered linkway, bus shelter, pedestrian overhead bridge (POB)
- No works proposed within the sewer setback
A Simplified Submission may be submitted for Drainage matters if the projects meet the following criterion:
Project (minor/A&A works) lodged under SS Scheme for Drainage shall meet the following criteria:
- No reconstruction of the first storey (no increase of site area of building),
- No linkages to special underground facilities,
- Not affecting public drain (i.e. at least 300mm away from the drain wall),
- Not within Drainage Reserve,
- Not affected by common drain
Examples of minor/A&A works are as follow:-
- Construction of additional floors without reconstructing the first storey and where there are no linkages to special underground facilities.
- Internal upgrading works such as internal staircase, lift installation/upgrading (without basement), doors, partitions, floor/wall finishes and other similar architectural fittings.
- Addition or alteration to the architectural or interior floor layout of the building.
- Addition or alteration to the void decks of HDB residential blocks such as education centre, study centre, child care centre, day activity centre (disabled/senior citizens), and RC centre.
- Addition or erection of external structures such as canopy, awning, booth, kiosk, bicycle rack, covered linkways (within development site) and other similar amenities.
here for Simplified Submission Process flow.