How to get a product labelled under WELS
1. Suppliers include the following categories:
b. Parallel importers;
f. Sole agents;
g. Distributors, etc.
who send their products to accredited test laboratory* or Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) partners to test products’ efficiency level.
For more information on testing, please contact the following test laboratories:
i. TUV SUD PSB Pte Ltd
ii. Setsco Services Pte Ltd
iii. Singapore Laboratory Services Pte Ltd
iv. Singapore Test Lab Pte Ltd
*Note: Accredited test laboratories here refer to test laboratories accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) or its Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) partners. Please refer to
SAC’s website for more details on the local accredited test laboratories and SAC’s MRA partners.
2. With the completed test reports, suppliers are to submit their application to an Accredited Certification Bodies** (CBs) for product certification. The Accredited CB shall then process the application, setting out the following:
a) Compliance to PUB’s requirements.
b) Water efficiency rating and water consumption/flow rate/flushing capacity reflected on the WELS label.
c) Conditions, if any, for the certified product.
Suppliers may approach the following accredited CBs for WELS:
i. Intertek Testing Services (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ii. TUV SUD PSB Pte Ltd
iii. SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd
iv. Setsco Services Pte Ltd
Singapore Laboratory Services Pte Ltd
vi. UL International-Singapore Pte Ltd
vii. Centre Testing International Pte Ltd
viii. Singapore Test Lab Pte Ltd
**Note: Accredited Certification Bodies (CB) here refer to Certification Bodies accredited by SAC under CT19 – SAC’s Criteria for Certification Bodies (Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme). Please refer to
SAC's website for details of the products that can be certified by these accredited CBs.
3. With the Certificate of Conformity (including the information and documents in the WELS Guidebook), the Accredited CB, acting as an appointed applicant, shall then submit the material to PUB via its online application system.
4. PUB will update the appointed applicant on the application status.
5. If the registration is successful,
a. PUB will send the label to the Accredited CB within 7 working days.
b. Accredited CB shall then issue the label to their supplier within 7 working days.
c. Product will then be registered under WELS and published in WELS website.
6. Suppliers shall print the labels in accordance with PUB’s specifications and affix them onto the products or on their packaging for display.
For more information about the application procedures, please download the
Guidebook on Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme [PDF].
To find out more about the water efficiency ratings and requirements for products, please click