Inspection and Certification of Water Storage Tanks
Any person responsible for the maintenance of any part of a water service installation having a water storage tank shall engage, at least once every 12 months, a licensed plumber to inspect, and where necessary to clean and disinfect, and certify the water storage tank.
- the water storage tank is fit and safe for the storage of water for human consumption
- the water contained in the water storage tank is free from contamination or pollution
- water samples taken from the water storage tanks pass the appropriate chemical and bacteriological examinations
- the water storage tank is properly maintained
- there is no leakage and no likelihood of leakage in the water service installation, including the water storage tank
The mandatory annual inspection and certification of water storage tanks does not apply to landed residential properties, clustered private housings with water storage tank after the sub-meter etc. The premises owners are responsible to engage a licensed plumber to clean and maintain the water storage tank regularly to ensure that the water is fit and safe for human consumption.