Inspection and Certification of Water Storage Tanks
Any person responsible for the maintenance of any part of a water service installation having a water storage tank shall engage, at least once every 12 months, a licensed plumber to inspect, and where necessary to clean and disinfect, and certify the water storage tank.
- the water storage tank is fit and safe for the storage of water for human consumption
- the water contained in the water storage tank is free from contamination or pollution
- water samples taken from the water storage tanks pass the appropriate chemical and bacteriological examinations
- the water storage tank is properly maintained
- there is no leakage and no likelihood of leakage in the water service installation, including the water storage tank