● The proposed solution must be able to differentiate and identify individual or groups of compounds within the list of prohibited organic compounds
● The following is the sewerage condition that the solution must be able to cater for:
○ Mixture of compounds present, either as liquid or gaseous state
○ High levels of total suspended solids
○ Presence of Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
○ Poor sanitation issues, e.g. smell
● The solution would ideally be able to detect prohibited organic compounds at concentrations of 1ppm or lower, depending on the location they are installed.
● If the detection cannot be done continuously, the solution should carry out detection or sampling at intervals of not more than 5 minutes.
● The solution would ideally be able to detect the compounds when present in the wastewater (i.e. in liquid state) rather than detecting the compounds from the air space above the wastewater. If pre-treatment is required for the solution, it should be included as part of the provided system, with details indicated in the proposal.
● The operation of the solution should be automated and unmanned with low maintenance
● The maintenance frequency of the solution would ideally be once every quarterly or less.
● The solution would ideally have low power requirements, but power sources of up to 500W could be made available if needed.
● The solution would ideally have a footprint of less than 1m2.
● The solution would be deployed at sewers, at a depth of up to 15m. The solution would monitor mixed trade effluent from a cluster of 15 to 50 industrial premises, or the effluent directly from an industrial premise.
● PUB is open to solutions that analyse the extracted samples outside the sewer. For such a set-up, your proposal should include details of the sample extraction process.
● Cost is a consideration, as low-cost sensors would allow PUB to deploy them more widely.
● Solutions that do not rely on a direct method of detecting prohibited organic compounds but instead achieves the same level of sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of a sensor may be considered if the solution can demonstrate an equivalent level of performance.
● A proposal for system integration is not necessary at the current stage, but PUB is interested to understand what you have considered.