Introduced in 2017, the Water Efficiency Awards (WEA) is a biennial award which recognizes the top water efficiency performers in the respective sectors. The best performers in each sector refer to premises with the lowest Water Efficiency Index (WEI), or industrial plants with the highest recycling rates. Presented by PUB, this award has evolved from the Water Efficiency Building (Gold & Silver) Certification.
On 21 Nov 2017, 27 award recipients from seven sectors (Office, Retail, Hotel, Wafer Fabrication, Refinery, School and Estate) received the Water Efficiency Awards from Mr Masagos Zulkifli, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources. They were acknowledged for their outstanding efforts in using water efficiently in their operations.
1. Office: Asia Square Tower 2, AXA Tower, OUE Downtown
2. Retail: Big Box, Compass One, Junction 8 Shopping Centre, Parkway Parade
3. Hotel: Carlton City Hotel Singapore, Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy, Marina Mandarin Singapore, The Elizabeth Hotel, V Hotel Lavender
4. Wafer Fabrication: United Microelectronics Corporation (Singapore Branch)
5. Refinery: Singapore Refining Company Pte Ltd
6. School (Primary/Secondary/Junior College): Chung Cheng High School (Main), Clementi Primary School, Fajar Secondary School, Geylang Methodist School (Secondary), Greenview Secondary School, Holy Innocents’ Primary School, Meridian Junior College, Nan Hua Primary School, Qifa Primary School, Tampines Secondary School, Yangzheng Primary School
7. Estate: Jalan Besar Town Council, Tanjong Pagar Town Council
For more information, click here to read the press release.
Water Efficiency Awardss 2017 Recipients